Thursday, August 13, 2009

things that offended me

during this process there were a number of things that offended me:

1. the comparison of my relationship with the "other" as an abusive relationship

2. someone who said "i'll walk out with you," who did, but followed up the walk-out by saying, "we just have to go somewhere."

3. the way people take things out of context

4. the way people were constantly checking up on me, my myspace posts, my facebook statuses, etc. and always making assumptions

5. the way that a leader knew that i was to be kicked out 6 months prior to being deauthorized and didn't tell me

6. asking for my resources right before i was to be kicked out

7. personal attacks and lies

8. asking me to sign an MOU and not keeping up their end of the bargain even if i had actually signed it

9. watching sisters empower sisters by denying their pain

10. being seen as a traitor

11. being told by a white woman who takes up a lot of space that i'm living a contradiction and that i need to address it since she said she's addressed hers w/o offering examples

12. being told that i'm not living a political life

1 comment:

Words and Steel said...

keep writing and working thru it, sis. I'm here for you.

What's the Master's Thesis?

Beneath Our Maria Claras reveal the lives of Filipinas as they attempt to undress layers of pre-colonial identities sewn by patterns of colonialism, imperialism, and patriarchy. For years, I have struggled to remove this garment and try to do what some colonized peoples have done, de-colonize myself and understand the social and historical conditions impacting my live. This blog/research follow my lines of thoughts and understanding while trying to understand: How do second generation Filipina American college students reclaim power that was denied to them culturally through gender?