Wednesday, March 4, 2009

affirmation is always a good thing. . .

an email from a high school pinoy who attended my workshop at the recent FUSO mini-conference:

"Ateh Trish,is it okay if you would send me a copy of the Pinay short story you read for us at the Fuso gathering?..I really liked it alot. It made me realize that Filipino women are as strong as the guys in the family, and as smart, or even smarter. I already knew that, but at least i know another person who knows it also. You!. Im still thinking about what happend to you, you didnt deserve that. no joke, but your wonderful. I bet your your boyfriend is so lucky to have you. Your so smart, funny, pretty, and very helpful to the community. I know it and god knows it.=)hehe walang bollahan toh ah...I have a girlfriend, and I wont let anything happen to her.Ill protect her in anyway that i can. Its okay if she doesn't do the same thing for me. Im just happy that shes not like the others. and so lucky i found someone who her parents wont let her go anywhere.Anyways, sorry about "this novel"..hehe.jk..It was nice meeting you..Take care always and help out as many people as you can.

p.s. i know youll inspire alot of girls these days of what you do right now."

No comments:

What's the Master's Thesis?

Beneath Our Maria Claras reveal the lives of Filipinas as they attempt to undress layers of pre-colonial identities sewn by patterns of colonialism, imperialism, and patriarchy. For years, I have struggled to remove this garment and try to do what some colonized peoples have done, de-colonize myself and understand the social and historical conditions impacting my live. This blog/research follow my lines of thoughts and understanding while trying to understand: How do second generation Filipina American college students reclaim power that was denied to them culturally through gender?